It’s essential to keep your car well-maintained if you want it to last as long as possible. Unfortunately, many people don’t know how often they should service their car or what services are necessary, and they tend to wait until something goes wrong before bringing it in for a car service!
Wondering how often you should service your car?
You’re not alone. There are a lot of opinions out there on how often to service a car. In this article, we’ll explore the different guidelines and provide you with a guide to follow to keep your vehicle in top condition.
By following our guide, you’ll be able to service your car at the right time and avoid costly repairs in the future. We want to help you keep your vehicle running smoothly for as long as possible!
Contact us today to learn more about car servicing and our other services!
How often should you service a car?
Most people don’t realize how important it is to keep up with their car’s maintenance. Your vehicle is one of your most significant investments, and regular servicing will help protect that investment. We recommend following the guidelines in your car’s owner’s manual. Many automakers have different service schedules for different types of vehicles, so it’s essential to consult your owner’s manual for the specific service schedule for your car.
What services are included in a typical car tune-up?
A typical car tune-up may include a variety of services, such as:
- Oil change
- Filter replacement
- Fluid level check and refill
- Brake inspection
- Tire rotation and pressure check
- Battery test
For a more comprehensive list of services, click here. Servicing your car will help keep it running smoothly and prevent more extensive, costly repairs down the road.
In addition to that, it’s essential to keep an eye on your car for any signs that something may be wrong. If you notice any strange noises or smells, or if your vehicle is vibrating abnormally, it’s essential to bring it in for service as soon as possible.
The benefits of keeping your car serviced properly
There are many benefits to keeping your vehicle serviced, such as:
- Improved fuel economy- Servicing your car can help to improve its fuel economy as a dirty air filter will restrict airflow to the engine, making it work harder and use more fuel.
- Reduced emissions- A well-maintained car will produce less harmful emissions than one that isn’t serviced regularly. It is better for the environment and your health as you’ll be exposed to fewer harmful pollutants.
- Prevention of breakdowns- By having your car serviced regularly, potential problems can be detected and fixed before they turn into costly repairs or cause a breakdown. It will save you money in the long run and provide peace of mind when driving.
- Improved safety- Regular servicing will ensure that your car’s brakes, tires, and lights are all in good working order. It will help keep you safe on the road and avoid potential accidents.
- Better resale value- If you ever decide to sell your car, a full-service history will make it more attractive to buyers and command a higher price.
As you can see, there are many reasons to keep your car serviced. Doing so will save money, reduce emissions, and help keep yourself safe on the road.
How to find a reputable mechanic to service your car
If you don’t feel comfortable servicing your vehicle yourself, it’s crucial to find a reputable and qualified mechanic that you can trust.
There are a few things to look for when choosing a mechanic, such as:
- Qualifications- Make sure the mechanic has the proper qualifications and experience to work on your make and model of car.
- Tools and equipment – The mechanic should have the proper equipment to service your car correctly.
- Customer service – The mechanic should be friendly and helpful, explaining any work that needs to be done.
- Competitive Pricing – Get a few quotes from different mechanics to ensure you’re getting the best price.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be sure to find a reputable mechanic that can service your car correctly.
So how often should you service your car?
The answer will depend on factors such as the make and model of your vehicle, how frequently you use it, and the driving you do. However, modern cars must be serviced every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
You can check the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer if you’re unsure when your car is due for a service. And if you need help, our team of experts at All Vehicle Services (AVS) is always on hand to assist.
Why Choose us for your car service?
At AVS, we pride ourselves on our quality of artistry and customer service. Our team of highly skilled and experienced mechanics is passionate about cars and will go above and beyond to ensure your vehicle is running smoothly.
Our team of experienced mechanics is qualified to work on all makes and models of electric and hybrid vehicles, vans, utes, and trucks. We can provide all services, from interim engine oil change services to essential services such as engine repair.
We also offer various other services, such as
- Logbook servicing
- Clutch repairs
- tire fitting and balancing
- Aircon Regas
- and much more
We only use genuine parts and fluids to ensure the best possible results by providing high-quality car servicing and repairs for many years. We pride ourselves on customer service, honest advice, and competitive pricing.
Which one is better, Electric or Hybrid Car?
Electric cars are powered by electricity from batteries, while hybrid cars have both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor. Both types of cars have pros and cons, so it’s essential to consider which is right for you.
- Electric cars are more environmentally friendly because they produce no emissions. They’re also quiet and have instant torque, accelerating quickly. However, electric vehicles have a shorter range than hybrid cars and can take longer to charge.
- Hybrid cars are a good option if you do a lot of stop-and-go driving since they’re more efficient in this type of traffic. They also have a more extended range than electric cars and can be cheaper to operate. However, hybrid cars are more expensive to buy than electric cars.
If you’re not sure which type of car is right for you, our team at AVS can help. We’ll answer all your questions and help you find the perfect vehicle for your needs.
Tips for avoiding costly repairs down the road
In addition to regular servicing, there are other things you can do to help avoid costly repairs down the road. These include:
- Checking your tire pressure regularly- You can do this at home; it only takes a few minutes. Underinflated tires will not only wear out faster but will also negatively impact your fuel economy.
- Checking your oil level regularly- This is another easy thing to do at home and will help you avoid damaging your engine by running low on oil.
- Avoiding short journeys – Starting your car’s engine and then driving for only a short distance can be hard on the machine and other components. If possible, try to combine errands into one trip so that your car has a chance to warm up properly.
These simple tips can help keep your car running smoothly for many years.
FAQs About Car Servicing
Q: How much does it cost to service a car?
A: The cost of servicing a car can vary. It depends on your vehicle’s make and model and the type of service required. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for a basic service.
Q: Should I get my car serviced annually?
A: For most cars, it is recommended to get an interim service once a year. It should include an oil change, brake check, and tire rotation. However, you may need significant assistance for your car more frequently if you drive long distances or in extreme conditions.
Q: How can I tell when my car needs servicing?
A: There are a few signs that your car may need servicing, such as an illuminated check engine light, decreased fuel efficiency, or unusual noises coming from the engine. If you notice any of these things, it’s best to take your car to a mechanic to have it checked out.
Q: What happens if I don’t service my car?
A: If you don’t service your car, it can lead to decreased performance and fuel efficiency and increased emissions. In extreme cases, it can even cause engine damage. So it’s essential to keep up with your car’s servicing schedule to avoid any problems down the road.
Regular servicing is essential for keeping your car running smoothly and avoiding costly repairs down the road. However, choosing a reputable and qualified mechanic you can trust is vital to doing a good job. At AVS, we have a team of experienced mechanics passionate about cars and providing the best possible service to our customers.
For all your car service and repair needs, contact AVS today. We’re your one-stop shop for everything vehicle-related! Call us on 01795 422040, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our friendly staff is always happy to help.